dreamstime_xxl_33233118Here in South Dakota you are required to have a minimum amount of car insurance, called Liability Insurance. This kind of insurance only covers the other driver and their passengers when you’re found at fault. It’s required so that their insurance doesn’t go up when you’re at fault.

But what about when something happens to your car and there are no other vehicles in involved? And what do you need to get your car fixed when you’re at fault? Here are some other types of insurance you can add to have your car even more covered.

Collision – Collision covers the repairs to your car no matter who is found to be at fault. Most people keep collision on their car as long as they have car payments to make, or as long as the car is worth anything (of course, “anything” can mean different amount to different people)

Comprehensive – Did a bunch of kids run around town shooting windshields with a pellet gun? Was your car stolen, or a window smashed and something taken from it? If you want to be covered for such things, comprehensive car insurance might be the way for you to go.

Towing – Here’s one that can pay for itself many times over. Towing coverage can reimburse you for the cost of a tow when you’re broken down by the side of the road.

Rental reimbursement – If your car is in the shop for a week, the rental would usually come straight out of your pocket. Rental reimbursement can soften the blow of a car rental when your’s is out of commission.

Of course, these aren’t the only additional types of coverage you can get. Come talk to us if you have a specific concern or would like to add any of these to your policy.